David Beckham’s Miami Freedom Park & Soccer Village (Video)July 16, 2018
David Beckham has launched a campaign to win approval to build a stadium and office complex on what is currently Miami’s biggest public park.
According to a newly released video, his proposed complex is to be called “Miami Freedom Park.”
It would be built on the 180-acre Melreese Golf Course. In total, 70 of 180 acres will be developed.
The proposal appears to be in flux and has changed dramatically during the past few weeks. As of now, it includes:
- $1 billion in total cost
- $20m donation to The City to build remaining acreage into a Park
- Beckham promises he will be paying fair market value to lease the park’s land
- 400,000 square feet of leasable office space could be built (one of the largest office complexes in the county)
- 600,000 square feet of restaurant, retail and entertainment space
- A golf entertainment facility
- 750 hotel rooms
- 25,000 seat stadium
- 3,750 parking spaces, mostly underground
- A “tech hub” will be created and will generate an estimated 11,000 jobs in three years and $40m tax revenue
The goal is to get the development and lease agreement on the ballot this November. That will require a quick approval from Miami commissioners to approve the referendum, just days after they were first shown the plans.
We say, “Let The Voters Decide!”
- This is more than just a soccer stadium
- This is potential
- This is a place where people can build a new future and earn their place in history
- This is the freedom to dream
- This is Miami Freedom Park & Soccer Village arriving 2021
Get Wise Miami! Vote “YES” this November to “Activate The Park”
SHARE THIS POST NOW