South Florida local governments are trying to attract Hollywood film crewsMarch 27, 2018
The “FilMiami” alliance is offering tax credits to try to draw another Moonlight
Over Oscars weekend, the Miami Herald investigated the lengths local Florida governments are going to in an attempt to make South Florida an attractive filmmaking location.
Even though Florida yanked its film incentives program last year, there’s an alliance between the county, North Miami, and Miami Beach called FilMiami that provides incentives to film crews — everything from subsidies to loosening parking restrictions. Will this help lure the next Moonlight to film in Miami — or maybe the next Baywatch, for that matter?
- South Florida wants another ‘Moonlight.’ New local film incentives could help. [Miami Herald]
- Moonlight’s Miami filming locations, mapped [Curbed Miami]
- Miami street to be named ‘Moonlight Way’ [Curbed Miami]
- Baywatch’s South Florida filming locations, mapped [Curbed Miami]
- Bad Boys II’s Miami filming locations, mapped [Curbed Miami]
via Curbed Miami : The Miami Neighborhoods and Real Estate Blog https://ift.tt/2tl2EZ2